We encourage all those applying for the Blessing to take time to reflect on the meaning of the Blessing and to prepare seriously for it. True Parents have established the Cheon-Il‐Guk standard for receiving the Blessing. All Second Generation should prepare, and be guided towards the Blessing, according to this standard.
- Blessing candidates must be pure. Any mistakes in the sexual area should be resolved prior to the matching and blessing.
- Blessing candidates should be willing to cross cultural, national and racial
- Blessing candidates must be committed to keeping the Blessing for eternity – to love his/her spouse and build a God-centered family together.
- They must be willing to lead a life of public service after the Blessing.
- They must be at least 18 years old. (Candidates for CIG matching must be 20 years old).
- They must have received approval by the Second Generation Blessing Department to go to the Blessing (for further details on qualifications and application procedure see below).
As mentioned above, it is important that we prepare well internally for the Blessing. Please contact a Blessed Family Department (BFD) Leader to conduct the Blessing interview. If you need to resolve any issues in the area of purity, please consult them and be open to be guided in your spiritual path, to set the right conditions to be able to participate in the matching and Blessing process.
Here is a brief explanation of the matching procedure for Second Generation Blessing candidates. This applies to all Second Generation Blessing Candidates.
All Second Generation applicants must fulfill all points below (both section a and b) to be qualified to apply for the matching and blessing.
a) Documents to be submitted
- New Application Form (Version: 09.2016)
- 2 full size photographs & 1 optional family picture
details of Matching & Blessing picture – click here
- Health Certificate (including AIDS Test) details
- Individual interview / confession
Please note: The candidate must be 17 years old at the time of application
Here you can download All Forms
An absolute condition for participation in the Blessing is that purity has been kept by the applicant. Participants will need to demonstrate their faith in Heavenly Father and True Parents. For this purpose, a BFD representative or the Second Generation Blessing Department needs to interview the applicant. This interview form must be filled out by a BFD representative and submitted to the Second Generation Blessing Department together with the other documents.
The Blessing fee is considered one of the conditions for receiving the Blessing and is the same as for First Generation Blessing participants. For Western Europe the fee is 1400 USD. This fee must be paid before the Blessing.
b) Educational qualifications for becoming second generation blessing candidates
- In depth understanding of Divine Principle (21 day workshop suggested, please check with your Second Generation Department for other qualifying programs)
- Participation in a Blessing workshop
- Completion of a 7 day fast
A formal application must be made by submitting all of the materials mentioned above to your regional Second Generation Department. All European Second Generation applicants should send their formal application to the European Second Generation Blessing Department. (Please note that an application to the matching website is not a substitute for the formal application to your regional Second Generation Blessing Department).